What is narrative essay? Narrative essay writing involves telling a story from your life that is relevant to the theme you have in class. The main purpose of a narrative essay is to tell the reader about events, interactions, and experience that have happened to the author during the particular period of time. Narrative essay is the common assignment during high schools and colleges. The narrative essay may be enjoyable and fun if you take a right approach. It is an opportunity for students to display their creativity and writing style.
Structure of writing narrative essay
The structure of your paper is very similar to all those typical essays you’ve already written. It goes with the same typical 5 paragraph structure:
- How to choose a narrative essay topic
Choose a story from your life, like a family vacation, a weekend with a friend, a spoiled holiday, or anything like that. Choosing a strong and catch light topic. Here are for surefire ways to choose a strong topic.
- Engage in divergent and convergent thinks
- Avoid topics that are overdone and old hat
- Narrow your topic and focus
- Learn the secret of choosing successful speech topics.
- How to write narrative essay introduction
The introductory paragraph of a narrative essay can have a very important impact on your audience. Introduction part of the essay you must presents the idea and the topic of the entire article. In introduction you describe the setting, introduce the characters and prepare the audience for the action to come.
- How to write a narrative essay outline
Before you begin your writing, write down a list of the most important marks in your story. It is the best way of identifying your missing element of your story. And also make sure that where does it start and where does it end? You need to include 3 components of your narrative essay.
- The beginning
- The middle
- And the end
Make sure that clarity of the content. All ideas of your essay should be clearly distributed between sentences and paragraphs.
- How to write a narrative essay conclusion
Conclusion is the short summary of your thoughts and consequences. And it is the last and final word in the story. Just like you should grab your reader’s attention with an interesting hook, you should also keep your reader interested in your conclusion. It is the one way to end a narrative essay is to capture emotions or feelings. A good conclusion makes your narrative essay feel complete and finished and leaves your reader satisfied. No one likes to read a great story with a bad ending!
Tips for writing narrative essay
Your future depends on narrative essay topics extremely. A good narrative essay is a piece of writing recreating the experiences through time. Focus three steps more carefully.
- First you should find and identify the experience you are going to write.
- Experience should be significant and you should focus on collecting the details of your experience.
- You should imagine the basic parts and create outline on it.
- Using outline to describe all parts of your essay.
- Tell your reader to how and why it was happening. And don’t focus only the thing was happened.
- Remember that you are the main source of information about your experience.
- Don’t forget about small details and make it very clear.
- If you have finished your draft, revise what you written.
- You can ask someone to read your narrative and ask them for opinion.
- Update essay properly, remove unnecessary sentences and you can add missing things.